le dEvIL's dEn

Monday, December 18, 2006

A Weekend of Feast..!!!

well last weekend was a great weekend as most of my meal was pretty awesome... ehheeh.. well just gonna highlight my saturday night dinner here.. n my next post a nice tea break session..

On saturday night.. i brought my Aunt n her family to this place in my hometown, Kluang, Johor..(they gone there for a visit n i followed them back) it is called Barney's .. it is a western restaurant opened by a friend of my.. his family has been running food business for years.. n this the best western restaurant in my sleepy town.. Barney's serves some really decent American and European styled cooking.. price wise.. err.. probably a bit pricey for the locals.. but.. for city folks.. the price is just alright.. deco in the restaurant is really nice.. has that vineyard feel.. but boxed up inside a premise... hehehe..

alright.. Food... what we had.. well.. for starters... we had Caesers Salad with Grilled Chicken and Tuna Melt.. too bad.. the Salad was so tasty that by the time i took out the camera, half of the salad was gone.. hehe.. anyway.. i had tuna melt captured in photos....















above is tuna melt... some fresh loaf cut into half.. spreaded with butter tuna n topped with some tomatoes n covered with cheese..before being slot into the oven for a fast bake.. lovely starters..















above is what my aunt had for main... grilled Kurau... a fish dish for those who dont know what a Kurau is.. hehehehe... grilled to maintain the freshness n taste of the fish.. it was accompanied by a mayonaise cocktail which goes superbly with the fish... yummy..















above was what my cousins had.. Seafood in Tomatoes Sauce Spaghetti... this is a proper way doing spaghetti... dressing was made by fresh tomatoes n some puree.. taste magnificient.. with seafood instead of minced beef or chicken.. the whole dressing tasted sweet n the colour just make ur appetite become double.. supposedly the pasta n the dressing is mixed prior serving.. but we requested that we wanted it separate worrying the kids might not want too much of the tomatoes dressing.. but to our surprise.. they finished the meal without coaxing...

my unc-in-law had the night's special.. T-Bone Steak... too bad he sat quite some distance from me.. thus i wasnt able to take a pic of it... well let me tell u.. it was really good..

ok..my main... it was Spicy Garlic Seafood Spaghetti... the spicy version of the Seafood Spaghetti that my cousin took.. well what can i say.. my favourite dish of the restaurant... simply marvelous.. fresh seafood..mixed in dried chilly n garlic n olive oil.. a lil reddish in colour.. just seductively luring u to finish them in one go..

simply marvelous dinner.. ok.. they may not be able to match top notch restaurant... but i think they definately deserve a match with Victoria Station... :)


come to kluang.. i'll bring u there if i'm there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home